Ableton 7 vs Sonar 7 Producer....

JeffreyC

I've been using these two DAWs for a while now and I'm curious to get some other points of view...

I really love working in Ableton - it's simplicity and intuitive nature is excellent. However, what I find is that the audio quality in Sonar is superior. You can hear it in the play back of any track. Have others noticed this? Better sound engine in Sonar? Have there been any improvements in the sound engine in Ableton 8?

Thanks.

I posted this in the Ableton thread as well, but suppose it's only fair I get some views here as well. I'm thinking maybe my answer is to just track and edit in Ableton and mix/master in Sonar. It seems that when I do this, I still hear the improved Sound quality in Sonar on playback, so I suppose they both seem to be creating wavs of equal quality at 24 bit. Thoughts on this?

I'm not sure why, maybe I screwed up at some point, but I noticed a difference between Sonar 6 and earlier versions of Sonar and Cakewalk. Perhaps it was the mp3 converters that are involved with each version???? :confused:

Back