2 MONO TRACKS TO 1 STEREO?

Lorddiagram

Hello

I am wondering how i might take two mono tracks (panned hard left and right) and combine them in to one stereo track.

Anyone know? Thanks

lD

Huh???
2 mono tracks of the same source, panned hard L/R is NOT stereo. 2 mono tracks of different sources, panned hard L/R, is not stereo either - it's simply 2 sounds placed somewhere between 2 speakers.

I think before any of us can answer, you need to be more specific on exactly what you're trying to accomplish...

Bruce Valeriani
Blue Bear Sound

I think I know what you're looking for, because I happen to be looking for something similar. For Example:

Track 1, we'll say is recording audio from the left side of the sound card (under SOURCE, L-soundcard is selected)

Track 2, we'll say is recording audio from the right side of the sound card (under SOURCE, R-soundcard is selected)

Now if on Track 3, the SOURCE is STEREO-soundcard, is there a way of "bouncing" down to this track, while maintaining the separation of coming out different speakers.

I know you might be asking "why not STEREO into track one to start?" But don't I gain a little editing flexibility before I (supposedly) bounce?

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

What Motage said - - -

Say instead of recording my sound module L & R outs to one stereo track i recorded them to two mono tracks. How can i put them together as one stereo track?

Thanks lD

Gotcha... BUT ...I'm out of my league, this must be a routing issue specific to Cakewalk... isn't there a L/R buss-out that you send out to for mixdown? This is normally where you route signals out to....

Sorry I couldn't help you more!

Bruce

Solo both tracks or mute any other tracks and select tools/mixdown audio/bounce to tracks, a window will open asking what track to bounce to and what format you want, mono/stereo, select stereo..

cheers
John :)

Back