Yo' TRACK RAT!!! PatchBay's,Side-chaining and inserts!!!

MISTERQCUE

Not Just Anutha Brutha
Brutha' Track, along with the HD24 I also purchased 2 more
patch bays, and ART 341 EQ and anutha' Composer Pro!
Is this possible!!??

I wanna' use the patch bays as patches to each channels inserts.
on the boards. I'm using 6 Comps( RNC,2 Comp Pros,AutoCom, MultiCom and a DBX) I'm going to sidechain the EQ's into the Composer and the DBX for additional signal processing.
What would be the cable configuration for patching these channels thru the patch bay!!?? Should I use dedicated Y-send/rec/ret cables or ordinary balanced cables!

It depends on the patchbay itself. More than likely the ones you picked up have a 1/4" input and output. On your mixer is the channel inserts on a single 1/4" in/out jack or is there seperate "send and recieve" jacks? If it's a single jack, it's unbalanced so you'd have a 1/4" stereo plug on the mixer side and a "Y" on the patchbay side. If you have dedicated send jack and recieve jack, your inserts are probably balanced and you'd want to run two balanced lines per channel, one send, one recieve. You lucky bastard. Same goes for the sidechains on your compressors :D

Yo Jack, I have caught the case of the stoo-pids!!! So far
the farthest I have gone on the HD24 is powering up and arming tracks! Hopefully, I can venture into more of it's features as the week progresses!
But man, you're gonna' luv it!

Enjoy the Toy

Doing the work to get it is not the fun part wo you might as well enjoy every minute of the toy. So what if it takes a while to get into the device, you know your gonna get there. BTW, where in NYC are you. I'm uptown on the eastside. And, I want to hear about all the different hook ups that you try so cause that's the part I need to learn. Then, when I get mine, you know, I'll be ready.

Ummmm

Also, I don't really consider such a sophisticated toiol a "toy", I'm just referring to the amount of fun you are going to have while "working" in you stoo-dee-oo.

Okay, Okay I'll do it

got to get my lazy ass to work so that I can make enuff to get this device. I think I am turning into a gear junky. Damn, not another addiction.

Back