Weird prob with an HD24

zone47

I have some songs that I copied off a Roland VS880. They used to work fine but last night the pitch was way slow. I checked the pitch control, but it was at zero. I tried to crank the pitch up and even at max+ pitch there was no audible difference. :confused: I selected the HD in the bay 2 and the pitch control worked fine. I cycled power on the whole unit but then neither HD would load (this isn't a new problem). Usually after a few attempts the HD will load but I must have tried 10 times and I'm getting a jumper reset error.

Well, anyway, I hope this thing isn't dying on me ... It really hasn't seen that much use even though it's like 14 years old now. Are these machines generally pretty reliable?

Another question is: I never updated the firmware because I was told my old songs wouldn't play anymore. Would a firmware update fix the HD loading prob? ( the jumpers are indeed set to master ).

Thanks.

Welcome to the board! :D
I don't know anything about the HD24, but what you're describing sounds very much like a hard drive controller failure. Check with Alesis support and see if it's a replaceable chip or daughter-card. If so, it might be a cheap check to find out.

Back