Volume knob on SR-16

Purge

Traitorous Usurper
This isn't really a big deal, but I figured I'd ask. Anybody ever have problems with this thing? Mine seems to short out on occasion, and it has bizarre effects on the actual volume coming out of my speakers. At times, I can barely tap the volume knob, and it just starts going out of control--very high volume. Or I'll turn it up several notches and it actually gets quieter. WTF? I know it's an older machine, and it's really a mild inconvenience at the worst (I can just use the volume on my speakers) but if I can fix it, then hey.

Sounds like the pot has worn -- you could try something like Cramolin or Deoxit - you'll have to open the unit up to get at the pot stem though, you can't spray from the outside and hope some seeps in at the right place!

mine went

my volume knob finally went out, and i had to take it to the repair shop to get the pot replaced.

i guess it wouldn't have been bad if when it went out, i was turned UP, because i run it thru a board.

but, when it went, it was turned all the way down so i had no choice but to get it fixed.

didn't cost too much, about $20.00 total i think

How is Alesis with shipping the parts out. If I could get one from them, I'd just prefer to repair it myself. I have the exact same problem. Mine shorts out at various spots, and also makes some strange bussing hissing sounds at others. Seems fine if I turn it up all the way...but that's getting old...and the problem is getting worse.

Back