User Mix QS8

TheMidnightKing

My alesis loses my edited user mix(even when I have saved them) as soon as I turn the thing off than back on they are gone....can the internal memery go bad???...also when ever i turn it on i make that same noise as when you reinitialize it....any thoughts?

Like most devices it probably has a backup battery in it somewhere that has finally gone.

I have an 8.2 and they're pretty old - I'm surprised mine is still working after all these years....

This is a little off subject but I am trying to find information on how to create custom program mixes like true stereo piano with cello on my QS8. The manual seems to be written by someone assuming experts are reading it. I could get no useful info on how to create voice blends like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is a little off subject but I am trying to find information on how to create custom program mixes like true stereo piano with cello on my QS8. The manual seems to be written by someone assuming experts are reading it. I could get no useful info on how to create voice blends like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All the program voices have 4 voices. Most of the programs have 3 of the voices turned off except the main voice, like a piano voice. but some programs have two or more voices turned on. In edit mode you'll find the page that has the different voices and then the pages to edit those different voices. One thing to remember you may change the voice but you still have to turn that voice on. If you change the program before saving your settings you'll lose your settings. To the OP, The Alesis QS series was one of the noisiest keyboards ever, so yeah it's normal. I owned two of them. But with that being said, the QS series was the best midi keyboard controllers as far as note on and note off response when controlling other keyboards.

Back