Sync'ing ADATS & HD Recorders

Ginga

I can't afford a BRC right now, but I'd like to sync my two ADAT XT's to a Fostex D-80 HD recorder that I upgraded with a large drive. I heard about a JBL(?) Cooper device that may do the trick, but is it worth the money? Any other devices on the market today that can do this well? I don't have a PC setup in my studio just yet, so I'm limited to external devices.

Thanxx mucho...

Well, the BRC is definately the way to go.

It is JL Cooper, and their boxes work alright, but be carefull about the claimed features. They sometimes lead you to believe that their box will do extensive things that it won't. Be sure to talk to someone who know's before buying, and don't let that be me because I only used one for about 2 months, and that was many full moons ago.

Ed

Thanks for the info, I had a second hand Cooper box in my hand and read the manual, but in the end did not buy it mainly because they were asking too much for it ($300 CDN - almost $400 US!, and I am still looking around for that right unit. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a used BRC. That seems to be the way to go?

As I read your post, I wondered, should I get
the BRC myself. O.k. lemme explain, I have a
Cubase PC set up:1 ADAT/ASR10/2 sound modules and I bought the JL Cooper DataSync2 to synch my computer to CONTROL my ADAT along with everything else through my Midi Interface 4inx6out, No such luck yet configuring the MTC to MMC to SMPTE (uggh)
anyway, from what I'm hearing would the BRC
be a better route ?
(scratching my chin awaiting your response)

Back