Subwoofer to mate with Alesis Elevate 3s?

scottiejames

So I finally got around to ditching my cheapo Logitech speakers and instead bought a pair of cheapo Alesis Elevate 3s.
A decent upgrade from what I had, fit my tight budget at the present, and I got what I was expecting from the Elevate 3s:
real decent for the price, nice and clear after burning them in for about 3 hours, but not mind-blowing or particularly good bass response.
I would like a little more bottom end of course and would like to add a subwoofer.
Everything I'm seeing out there costs WAY more than I paid for the Elevates and is overkill for my needs right now.
The Elevate 3s have one 1/8" subwoofer output only and it seems everything out there I've come across is either stereo or 1/4" RCA
and costs a lot more than I want to spend.
The Alesis website does not list a powered sub in their current line of products.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Assuming you're using these to mix with, I've heard you should get acoustic treatment (bass traps) before getting a subwoofer. Otherwise it will only sound less accurate than it already is. I'm pretty much in the same situation you are in just with some more expensive monitors.

Back