Studio 24

Peace Master Mike.
I have the Alesis 32 and though it's not the greatest of mixers,i find their pre-amps decent(Though I use a coupla Art pre's).I also like the fact I can use the direct outs
to multitrack without the need to re-patch.
I am satisfied with this mixer but eventually
will trade up to one of the SoundCraft models.
BTW do you own the Alesis studio package?
(Studio 24,LX-20,Nano 'presser and 'verb)

Peace
MisterQcue.

Hi Guys,

I just got the Studio Pack this past
week. It sounds great. I am a bit
confused by the board, though.

I just added another Alesis ADAT
and am getting a large Behringer
board (24 channel) to accomodate
the tape returns.

As with all new equipment, there's
a learning curve, that's for sure.

The manual that comes with the board
explains a lot, as well as the video,
but a lot of ground is left uncovered,
and there are not enough diagrams in
the manual.

I got one for our church...nice and flexible...but you really have to crank the trim controls all the way up almost, to get any signal out of the mics. If you can live with 60mm faders and a strange "strip" layout on the board (the mic inputs are staggered as compared to the channel strips, so it is a little wierd to get used to). I know that I am using this for a live setup VS a home studio, but the price was in the right range. Another dislike...the little pushbutton switches (for channel assignments, etc) are hard to tell if they are depressed or not...hence a flashlight is standard equipment sitting near the board.

I have a Studio 32. Just finished using for some live recording, first large job since I bought it. It does indeed seem to be a quiet mixer in every way - not only low noise, but low output levels. Mics and line ins need to be boosted quite a bit. The outputs to the monitoring system had to be run into another pre-amp rather than my power amp, because the signal was so low. And those little grey switches are a pain in the ass to see. However it sounds so much better than my last crappy mixer that I am delighted.

Back