Roland SR16 Drumachine.

keez

I purchased one of these 2nd hand. The panning facility in drum sets is faulty. Any ideas so's I can fix it ?

cheers.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Alesis SR16. It's my only drum machine outside the computer. I like it.

Yo KEEZ:

I used to use the SR16. I now use the Boss 770 and a couple of weeks ago my cymbal pads were really weak -- don't know what happened to them.

HOWEVER, I used the manual and punched up the "reset" code.

Doing this automatically reset everything and, Voila, my cymbals came back as good as ever.

Now, if the SR16 doesn't have a reset function, I guess the only thing you can do is send it in for repair and, as we all know, that isn't cheap.

BUT, here is something I found in the SR16 manual in the Troubleshooting section:

Symptom: Drums won't pan in stereo field.

What's wrong: Drum set panning parameters are set incorrectly. Bad audio cables. Pad's mix level is set to 00 or Panning not correct.

What to do: Check Drum set parameters for correct output selection, Check cables by replacing with known good cables, Check drum set parameters for correct mix level, or Check drum set parameters for useful pan position.

Green Hornet:D :p :p :cool:

Hope I can help. On the SR16 each drum or pad can be assigned to left, right, or auxillary outputs. Each drum / pad needs to be adjusted individually [ the pan, volume, etc] If a drum or pad is assigned to the auxillary outs and you dont have them connected to an amp source you will get nothing. Make sure you are in the user and not preset drum kits [ I don't remember how many adjustments you can make to the preset kits this may not be an issue but check it out]. I have an SR16 but play live drums now
so I'm trying to work from memory here. Good luck.

Back