Remote Meter bridge question

zekmoe

I have a remote meter bridge, and just got a used ADAT XT, and realized it doesn't support it. Is there any value on the used market for the meter bridge? I haven't used it much, and was hoping to reintegrated it, but now it's really not needed. Is it worth $100 on Ebay? Or is it worthless today?

I'm not sure what you mean by inputs? It's for the blackface and pro series adats, and has 4 multi pin inputs, along with the special cable that can connect 4 adats. It's purpose built for those units.

Since it is ONLY compatible with Black Face ADAT's, there is going to be little market for it. :( You would be lucky as hell to even get $100 for it.

robin watson said:
The meter bridge was designed to work with the BRC (remote control), not the recorders themselves (which had their own meters!).

Stick it on Ebay, I say - check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALESIS-ADAT-REM...7885792QQihZ013QQcategoryZ41477QQcmdZViewItem

That is absolutely a wrong statement!!! The RMB's were ONLY designed to work with the original Blackface ADAT's! They did not work at all with the XT's, and cannot work with the HD24.

They are 16 bit meters. The Blackface ADAT's had specific outputs for the RMB on them.

Back