recording using Alesis io2 express link to mackie mixer profx12

Gemini66

Hello! I have used this interface in my own home recording. as I said I am still new in the recording for my own personal purpose or hobby. I am still in the middle of experimentation. I have recorded my sons violin palying with this interface and satisfied although that records has some noise because of the environment or surroundings. anyway at least I have success in recording. bonus was I managed convert it to mp3. Saved it in my laptop and burn it to CD. now my question is? I have purchased a Mackie mixer pro fx 12. this mixer has USB recording capability but limited to 2 tracks. the advantage of getting signal to mixer before recording is the no of inputs, 12 channel, sound can be mix by eq and other effects by the mixer.

io2 express is a good recording interface. but for experimentation purpose my way of thinking is if an instrument, voice etc. or a signal run to a mixer before io2 express recording. well my guess is that the sound will be better than the sound recorded with pure io2 express ? that is the reason why i am planning to do the recording in this way. another why is Because I believed that the sound is mixed and adjusted to the taste of the mixing person on the mixer before recording tru io2 express is better! right? my problem is how to do the connection? both io2 and mackie is a usb type. can i connect the main out of the mixer to the input of io2? or the headphone jack output of the mixer to the level input of io2? there is another output the tape output can i use this? thanks! any idea? thanks

Last edited:
And how to make connection for this setup .... io2 is usb .. mackie mixer is usb.. mackie has two xlrs output and two main out jack output.. Im not sure if there is line level output.. please need opinion.. my head is cracking on the connection!!! confusing!! thanks!!\

same
Gemini66

Last edited:
Back