Question about the Alesis Multimix 8 FX

stevoman009

I purchased the Alesis Multimix 8 FX mixer a few days ago and I can't seem to resolve an issue with it. No matter what recording software I use (Cubase LE 5 or Sony Acid Pro 7.0), I can record a track with no problems. The issue is that after I'm done with that track, I go to record a new one. When it starts recording, the second track just records the first track again. I think it has something to do with the output settings but I'm really not sure (completely new to recording/mixing in case you hadn't noticed). Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

I ran that mixer into Cubase via USB for years. I remember having that problem, but I can't remember what I did to fix it.

Are you connected USB, or into a sound card?

Double check to make sure that your track inputs are set right, as well as the outputs. Check each channel, the VST connections in the device setup, and since I'm not sure what you're signal path looks like make sure you have the right buttons pushed on the mixer in the output section. If you have "Mix to 2 Track" pushed, it could be bussing your Mix (one track) into your inputs.

So, more details could help.

Back