No fireport accessory

csp2013

Has anyone on here ever had to take the tracks out of ableton live 8 and put them on individual tracks on an alesis hd 24, if so, could you please walk me through the process?

Your options are:

1. Use the Ethernet connection on the recorder, which is extremely slow.

2. Use an interface with as many outputs as tracks you want to transfer and play them all at once in real time from Ableton, one track per output channel, into the analog inputs of the HD24.

3. Do like #2 but through an ADAT Lightpipe output from your computer.

4. Remove the disk from the caddy and mount it in your computer (do not reformat), use HD24 Tools (third party software) to perform the transfers.

Any suggestions where I can get the software? Or if I go the Ethernet way, just a standard Ethernet cable? and how slow? Thanks for your patience and info. How about an all expense paid trip to PA ?

I just read on the site that HD24tools has recently added the ability to transfer from file to the drive, so that should do the trick if you've got a desktop computer with space for a drive and an IDE drive controller.

OK I am opening up my desktop to see if there is room for another drive to plug in, if there is Im going with the software. Thanks again

Well no room for plugging an extra drive in to my desktop, there is an extra 4 pin plug, but no extra ribbon. I really just don't know what the hell I am doing, do I ? But I will never give up!

You could temporarily disconnect the DVD drive and use that connector for the HD24 drive. That is, if the DVD's connector matches the hard drive's connector. Most HD24 drives are IDE while most newer computers have SATA drive controllers.

IT is an older computer, and I thought of that, but didn't know if it would work. So I can just unplug it and use the connectors?

If the HD24 drive is IDE and the computer's drive bus is IDE then it should work. Recently Alesis started selling a drive caddy for SATA drives but they aren't that common yet. You may need to change the HD24 drive's master/slave/cable-select jumper. Don't forget to change it back before putting the drive back in the caddy.

What should I set the drive jumper to, and just to be clear, this is the software download option, HD24tools, correct?

OK, just so Im clear. 1. Download HD24tools software 2. remove HD24 drive that I am going to use, and connect it to the DVD drive on my older computer, running XP 3. Follow the instructions in the software for transferring WAV files from Ableton Live 8, making sure that those files have a number in the name corresponding with the track I want the particular file to be transfered to.4.Find that happy place I used to live when all I had to do was play my piano.

I've never actually used HD24tools so I don't know the exact procedure, but I bet you can specify which file goes to which track.

You will have to remove the drive from its caddy. Then connect it to the IDE cable currently used for your DVD, and to one of the power supply connectors.

Back