Newb Question - Alesis Mixer and Adobe Audition

Orphus

Forgive me for what might be a silly question. I recently purchased the Alesis MultiMix 12 USB Mixer and I am running Adobe Audition on my PC.

It took me a bit to learn how to record one track and then be able to monitor it while recording a second track...but I figured it out. There is a configuration that you can setup on the mixer to be able to here what's playing back on my PC with Adobe while recording a new track thru the mixer - with no latency. Plug the headphones into the mixer, no problem.

But yesterday something went wacky, or at least seemed to go wacky. At one point I realized that while recording a new track and at the same time listening to what I had already recorded thru the mixer, the only level I was getting in Adobe was the track level of what I was recording. The other tracks were still audible thru the mixer as they were supposed to be, but at that point I felt like something had gone wrong. Don't get me wrong...I mean, I think everything is working ok and sounding ok....but it just seemed weird. I started to wonder if it had always been like that and I just hadn't noticed it. When I'm NOT recording a track and just listening to all of the tracks thru the mixer...all of the levels are normal in the Adobe Audition screen.

So, in an effort to not confuse you anymore than I already have, I'll just ask a question and hope someone else will understand what I'm saying:

When recording a track and at the same time monitoring the other previously recorded tracks thru the mixer, are you supposed to be seeing the levels on the Adobe Audition screen for ALL of the tracks or just the one you are recording?

Thanks in advance for dealing with a guy who is new to recording stuff on his own.

I am thoroughly confused. However, you will see the levels on the screen (on the bottom) depending on what you click (right click and select what you want). It will either show you the recording level or the recording&playing level.

What is your problem?

Thats alls that matters - as long as you are no longer confused...then I am no longer confused either.

Hi...

Newb here...I have an Alesis Multimix (USB) and Adobe Audition, but have been unable to get the software to recognize the mixer...or I just can't figure out how to do that. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step. I'm frustrated and have to record something soon.

Thanks!! :)

Back