New to home recording help please

telecastermusic

Seasons greetings to all on the forum. I have an Alesis IO2 audio interface running into Cubase LE5. This came as a bundle. The first problem we have encountered so far, apart from registering the software, is that when I go to Device menu on Cubase LE5 there is no option for using the IO2 device.
ASIO is a new term to me:guitar:o
Any help will be gratefully received.
Cheers,
Ian

Ooookay

So the first thing you wanna do is downloading the ASIO4ALL driver from this website:

alesis.com/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/226674

Then you should be able to choose this driver in the device menu.

However I would not recommend using Cubase. I've myself run into various problems with Cubase. I recommend you using Sony Vegas which I use myself.

Should you have any other questions feel free to ask:)

Hi, thanks for your responses. I have down loaded this, however, still doesn't work. When i switch monitor button on cubase there appears to be no signal getting through. Also I do not understand how (On Youtube) that they are able to select io|2 on devices. Hope this makes sense to you or anyone else that can help. Thanks Ian

I would still recommend you to get another software. Cubase sucks at this point. It cannot properly handle the ASIO driver. That's it. I wuld recommend trying Sony Vegas which works like a charm for me.

I would still recommend you to get another software. Cubase sucks at this point. It cannot properly handle the ASIO driver. That's it. I wuld recommend trying Sony Vegas which works like a charm for me.

You're telling him to throw some money at some other software that YOU think is great after you have given up from one failed suggestion? That's absolutely ridiculous!

Ian, when you say that you can't monitor, can you at least record?

No, sad to say cant even record.

if you look in the cubase forum section above, it's got setting up info in there,,, cubase takes a bit of getting used-to but once you get it it's plain sailing!!
stick with it!! it'll be worth it!

Last edited:
Hi, thanks once again. That problem solved!!!!!!!! New problem- white noise on playback, not all the time, but intermittently..
Happy new year,
Ian

Hi, thanks once again. That problem solved!!!!!!!! New problem- white noise on playback, not all the time, but intermittently..
Happy new year,
Ian

Intermittenly is strange. Can you post an mp3? Is the white noise loud? I remember having a router next to my monitors and the frequency of the router or something was messing with the monitors and it sounded like there was a helicopter in my speakers! :eek:

I moved the router since then, but unfortunately, I can only move it so far, and I usually hear faint noise when my speakers aren't playing anything.

Back