NanoVerb anyone?

dvance101

For some of my recordings, I use a drum machine (BOSS DR770) which has good effects (verbs, gates, etc....) built in, but I prefer to have the actual drum machine DRY when recording. I use a NanoVerb as a dedicated drum machine effects box just on mixdown where I can dial in just the right amount of verb on the overall kit, giving my drum mix a real and live sound - hear for yourselves at www.davevance.net

Besides the fact that the nanoverb is junk, do you really want the same amount of 'verb on your kick that you have on your snare?

I disagree. The nanoverbs are not junk. I've been using 3 of them for like 3 years, and have been satisfied with the results, that's why I haven't gotten rid of them.. For what they do they do well and at the price you can get em for, it's hard to find a better bargin.

Farview said:
Besides the fact that the nanoverb is junk, do you really want the same amount of 'verb on your kick that you have on your snare?

I didn't mean to start a "friendly" war or anything. What works for me is what I am all about - I am a one man band so the only person I answer to is myself. I also mentioned that I add a light verb to my overall drum mix to give off a Live feel - it's not too much - listen for yourself to what it actually sounds like (www.davevance.net)

Blue Bear Sound said:
You're kidding, right? :eek:

Maybe you're too easily satisifed! :p ;)
It's not that I'm easily satisfied by far, but what I know for certain is that I get done what I need to do with what I have. If some people feel that they need a lot of high budget gear to get songs recorded so be it. In the end it's a matter of what works for you. For the past few years I've been using the nanoverbs and for what they cost me, I'm satisfied so there you have it. You can have all the top gear you want or can afford for that matter, but it's all about what you get done with what you have. My studio is not equipped with high end gear because I can't afford it, but at the same time I'm happy with what I get accomplished and that's all that matters.

Ive used the microverb 4 for 2 or 3 years live and everybody wishes they had efx like mine but its all in knowing when and how much and which type.... And Blue Bear Ive used a dbx 266xl now for about 6 weeks... I'll have to agree with you now.. The 3630 is "a little bit" inferior... The 266xl seems like you just hook it up and forget about it... :)

I wouldn't say the Nano is junk, but the presets don't sound too bad. But Like Farview said , you can only use 1 effect at a time. So to use that effect for every sound might sound a little monotonous.

Maybe you should check out a used Quadraverb instead!!! :D

I find the NanaoVerb is perfect used in conjunction with my Q-Mix heaphone amp. Lets the artist have as much or little verb in their cans as they want without me having to deal with it or even hear it.

Last edited:
Back