Nano gear what is your opinion.

Otter

I know that thw nano gear is really inexpensive and slim on features but I am considering buying the NanoCompressor. Does anyone own one of these?
I am basically just trying to figure out whether or not to fork out a few extra bucks on something better.

Oooooooooo...Otter in sonusman territory...should I?.......nahhhhhhhh.... :D

Dude, don't waste a penny on the Nano anything! Just not worth the money at all. You remember the old saying (or maybe not! I seem to be the only one that says it... :( )

"Buy cheap, buy twice". Spend the few extra bucks and try to score a Behringer Composer. Hell, just about ANY other compressor is better then the Nano crap.

Opinion enough? :)

Ed

Otter..in my rack I still have a nano-comp & a nano-piano. The piano module's worth keeping for some really useable sounds but, yes, the compressor is crap !

Moggy

I just looked up the behringer composer. It is only 149 bucks That Rocks. They also have in here (musicians friend) a multicom pro compressor for $159. Hey thanks for the input. I have been using the compressor on my VS machine but it does not cut the mustard.

I have the old microverb 1/3 rack unit. that thing is awsome. but I am guessing that the nano update is crap. Check for a used 3630 at GT. a bit more versital, and probably under $100 if you haggle.

Hey Charlie- yeah I've got one of those too! I pretty partail to mine myself. (except for that scratcy mix knob....)

-jhe

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Otter:
I know that thw nano gear is really inexpensive and slim on features but I am considering buying the NanoCompressor. Does anyone own one of these?
I am basically just trying to figure out whether or not to fork out a few extra bucks on something better.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I Know That Nano Is Not The Greatest But It Does The Job ,Hard Knee .Soft Knee Peak And Rms, Basics I Know But Worth The Change,
Anyway Berhinnger Sucks. Junk.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you Mike,
but your take on Behringer processors vs Nano
are slightly off. I have owned the Alesis 3630 and Nano'presser and both do not compare
to the either the Behringer Autocom and the
Composer Pro. There is a coloration in sound
on both the Alesis 'pressers with the 3630
producung a faint but audible "click" during
gating.I tried to clip those booming low
end frequencies when recording my bass using a Nano and did not get that compressed flat bass I wanted to hear. Both the Autocom and
the Composer Pro cuts off that unwanted 75 db "tail" from these frequencies.
I presently own the 3630,AutoCom and Composer
Pro and very rarely use the 3630. For my immediate purposes,The Behringers suit my needs.

[This message has been edited by MISTERQCUE (edited 06-27-2000).]

i own a Behringer Composer and a Behringer Ultrafex. i also own an Alesis Nanoverb and an Alesis Nanocompressor. i like the Ultrafex. with careful application you can give a sound or mix some extra chrispness, punch and shimmer. i DISLIKE the Composer. it "colors" the sound of whatever i run through it. strange artifacts appear on the other side. perhaps the Composer Pro sounds better. i don't know. the Nanoverb sounds pretty good for $100 bucks. it doesn't allow deep edits but i've found it to be perfect for certain situations. the Nanocompressor is great on certain things as well. i was mixing down a project for a friend through my Composer and was not happy with my the results. just for kicks i ran the stereo mix through the Nanocomp and (after some tweaking) it sounded great! Nanoproducts are cost effective, space-saving solutions for CERTAIN applications. they are definitely NOT the most "versatile" processors out there,..but they aren't meant to be. i'm gonna hang onto mine. (by the way,..i used to have a 3630 and found it to be insufferable,..especially the gating). cheers.

Which goes to show that 1 man's bread could
be another man's feast! It's all in the ears!
What may sound great to one individual can
sound crappy to others,yet if the mass consensus indicates total satisfacion with the music produced regardless of what gear,
technique,skill-level,etc. then there can't be no arguement. I take pride on knowing what soungs great and what sound sh-tty,unfortunately for me my gear and experience does not allow me to reach that plateau,yet eventually with time (and dollars) I will attain that goal. Therefore
since I'm just on the Behringer level of compression,I still feel they surpass the
overall performance of both the nano 'verb's
and 'pressors.I also base my decision on some of the engineers in NY, who prefer these tools rather than the aforementioned.
I'm no expert,yet I sit back,observe,listen and learn.Eventually,my finances will allow me to even purchase higher end gear,but until the mean-time,based on what I have experienced,Behringer is a lil above the Nano
dsp's.
Peace.

I think if your tracking with a Cassette, say 4 or 8 tracks, the Nano Compressor is the best for your money with that sort of small setup. I think we can atleast give the NANO that much. Anybody Agree ? DON"T YELL AT ME!

Well you got me there! I think I would have to agree. The Gates make it worth it. The Nano can duck, is'nt that sort of a gate action. that and de-Essing, but that's about it.

Back