Muti-Mix 8 USB FX only recording left channel.

SUNBLOWSUPTODAY

I have the Alesis Multimix 8 USB. This is not the 2.0 version but the original that only sends the stereo mix to the computer. I'm using Pro Tools 10 to capture the sound. The problem is that it only records the left channel and not the right. I have channels set to record, each has a different input. The first is called "Not Connected 1 (mono)" and the other "Not Connected 2 (mono)", these are the only two inputs available. The problem is that they both are recording the left channel. When I listen to the mix directly through the products headphone jack I can hear both the left and right channels fine, but not when playing from the computer. Any help would be much appreciated.

For anyone who has this problem in the future. I went to START>CONTROL PANEL>SOUND Settings, hit the Recording tab, and went to the properties of the usb device. I clicked the Advance tab, the default format was set to 1 channel, 16 bit. I changed it to 2 channel,16 bit, and everything works fine.

Cool - thanks for the solution. Most people don't bother to update us when the find a solution.

Back