MultiMix USB 2.0 64 bit drivers versioin 2.9.13 works!

Hi
you have 64 bit drivers ? ? I,m running Win7 64 bit with my Alesis Multimix 16 usb2 plus cubase 5 and groove agent 3 , can't get the desk to work though , will your drivers work with my system ? and if so can I please have a copy of these drivers ? I,m new to all this forum stuff and recording from home stuff so please forgive me if I seem a little in experienced with my questions but any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated .

Hi
you have 64 bit drivers ? ? I,m running Win7 64 bit with my Alesis Multimix 16 usb2 plus cubase 5 and groove agent 3 , can't get the desk to work though , will your drivers work with my system ? and if so can I please have a copy of these drivers ? I,m new to all this forum stuff and recording from home stuff so please forgive me if I seem a little in experienced with my questions but any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated .

send me a PM with your e-mail and I will send them. I have been using for about a month and have been working fine.

Yay! Alesis now sending drivers by request only...

Here's how they responded to my message to Alesis technical support regarding Windows 7 64 bit drivers for my multimix 8 USB 2.0:

(begin quote)

Hello,

Attached are our Beta drivers for 64 bit Windows for the Multimix USB 2.0. Since these are Beta drivers, there is limited support available since these are provided for testing purposes. However we are encouraging customers to share their feedback and experiences with us so we can further develop these.

(end quote)

While happy to get this message, my frustration with Alesis for taking so long has only slightly waned. I will think long and hard, and do a lot of research before upgrading with their products in the future. While I understand the need to be an informed consumer, is it too much to ask a company to keep up w/ the times. Taking over a year to develop these new drivers is ludicrous. Shame shame Alesis, please do better in the future! I hung on patiently this time, but will not be dealing with this !@$% in the future...

Here's how they responded to my message to Alesis technical support regarding Windows 7 64 bit drivers for my multimix 8 USB 2.0:

(begin quote)

Hello,

Attached are our Beta drivers for 64 bit Windows for the Multimix USB 2.0. Since these are Beta drivers, there is limited support available since these are provided for testing purposes. However we are encouraging customers to share their feedback and experiences with us so we can further develop these.

(end quote)

While happy to get this message, my frustration with Alesis for taking so long has only slightly waned. I will think long and hard, and do a lot of research before upgrading with their products in the future. While I understand the need to be an informed consumer, is it too much to ask a company to keep up w/ the times. Taking over a year to develop these new drivers is ludicrous. Shame shame Alesis, please do better in the future! I hung on patiently this time, but will not be dealing with this !@$% in the future...

I got the same thing and tried their drivers and they refused to load. The ones I sent in the .rar file work well. Just make sure to do the all the updates too after they are installed.

Question

I am looking at picking up one of these Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0 mixers

I am running Vista 64

I was looking at the Multimix 8 USB - and it seems that with that mixer you only get the stereo mix into the PC - but with this USB 2.0 you get 10 individual tracks in - is this right?

So like I can have a guitar in 1 input, a mic in 2, keyboard in 3/4 (stereo)
and those will all record in unique tracks into cubase? Thats what I need and I am just trying to verify this is correct before I lay down the cash :)

I am looking at picking up one of these Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0 mixers

I am running Vista 64

I was looking at the Multimix 8 USB - and it seems that with that mixer you only get the stereo mix into the PC - but with this USB 2.0 you get 10 individual tracks in - is this right?

So like I can have a guitar in 1 input, a mic in 2, keyboard in 3/4 (stereo)
and those will all record in unique tracks into cubase? Thats what I need and I am just trying to verify this is correct before I lay down the cash :)

You are correct. The Multimix 2.0 will allow you to stream and edit ALL tracks, not just the master.

the main issue is ALESIS does not CURRENTLY have drivers for 64 bit. They only have Beta drivers. the version I have seems to be working well for me. My PC is running Windows 7 on 64 bit. I would be happy to send them to you.

I love my MultiMix 16. ALESIS says the driver will be available "any day." My advice would be if you purchase, keeps all the origianal packing and receipts so you could return it if my driver wont work on a VISTA machine, OR...use a 32 bit.

I have sent the drivers to at least 6 other folk and they all seems to be working fine.

someone just sent me a message to send them the drivers...for some reason the message was deleted...OPPS...please recontact me and I will forward.

Is this like one of those things where you can't post the drivers on a site for people to download because it hasn't been officially released? Cause if they don't care I can pop them on my website and people can just download them instead of emailing.

Lemme know, happy to do it if its ok with Alesis...

Man I can't wait for my multimix to get here!

Is this like one of those things where you can't post the drivers on a site for people to download because it hasn't been officially released? Cause if they don't care I can pop them on my website and people can just download them instead of emailing.

Lemme know, happy to do it if its ok with Alesis...

Man I can't wait for my multimix to get here!

'not sure...I think you could post them...since ALESIS has not been much help. May want to say there are not endorsed by alesis...your call

And so it is done...

Right click and save to DL:
Alesis 64Bit USB2 Drivers 2.9.13: ALESIS_USB2_X64_2.9.13.rar

Not sure if the forum did gonna mangle the link but it should work.
AVG scanner says the files contains no viruses! In case you were worried :)

- Wes

Last edited:
If you downloaded the drivers and have not installed them - wait until I can verify they are clean - PC got infected with Security Tool spyware shortly after I downloaded them - it is possible (but not probable) that these drivers are infected. I will verify shortly

Ok looks like it wasnt the drivers so they should be fine - I clicked on a bad link somewhere and I think a java thing installed the trojan - I dont even have winrar on my pc so the drivers were never openen - they should be fine

Last edited:
Back