MultiMix USB 2.0 64 bit drivers versioin 2.9.13 works!

64 bit drivers

Hi, i cant seem to access the link that was posted, been battaling alesis for a year now. any way you could send me those drivers in a link or zip file?
any help is appreciated, thanks!

HI, yes i "saved target as" and it asks me what i want to use to open or run the file. wasnt sure what to use so i used my cubase program. when i save the file it puts a shortcut on my desk top to go to cubase. it opens the cubase program but doesnt show the driver under my devices. not shure were to go from there. i do have some computer knowleage but not sure what "DL" stands for. and not alot of experiance with this type of download.

You Rock!!!

I have had my Multimix 8 for over a year. Alesis has received many angry emails from me because of their lack of support for 64 bit systems. Because of this I installed a 64 bit windows 7 operating system and a 32 bit windows 7 operating system.

These beta drivers work perfectly for me. I play my guitar through this board and my computer everyday using Guitar Rig 4. I get ZERO lag and no clicking or pops typical to drivers that are inadequate.

I can't wait to start my next multi track project. I use Reason 4 as a rewire slave in Audition 3 for my keyboards and drums and usually have at least 10 tracks with a vst plugin on it. I have to freeze tracks when working with the 32 bit operating system. I can now use all 8 gigs of ram yay!!! :)

arcadeko Huge thanks to you for posting the newest beta drivers!

Been struggling with this one for months and kept getting the same version from Alesis, along with the same excuses.

The new drivers are installed, and my system seems ok... plus I can record! (there's a bonus)

Thanks again - cheers,
Joe J Thomas
www.JoeActor.com

Follow up from Alesis:

"The driver version online is from a 3rd party company. I'm not sure of the
details of the 3rd party company but the 2.9 version is not supported by us."

... but it works, which is more than I can say for the "official" beta version 2.8.17 that they've been sending me since March.

Cheers,
Joe

try this instead

If you are referring to the drivers link posted previously, then your computer was looking for the Win RAR program, it's just like the Win Zip that you would use for unpacking a Zip file, you can download a "trial" copy for free, lots of places out there to get a copy, although it actually continues to work forever to let you unpack, unzip, files people send you.
Use the Winrar, to get it open, then run the program file you see, it should be an exe file and it will install the drivers in the correct place for you. It's the only way to get it done. Cubase just wouldn't have a clue what to do with a rar file.
Hope that helps.

HI, yes i "saved target as" and it asks me what i want to use to open or run the file. wasnt sure what to use so i used my cubase program. when i save the file it puts a shortcut on my desk top to go to cubase. it opens the cubase program but doesnt show the driver under my devices. not shure were to go from there. i do have some computer knowleage but not sure what "DL" stands for. and not alot of experiance with this type of download.

If you are referring to the drivers link posted previously, then your computer was looking for the Win RAR program, it's just like the Win Zip that you would use for unpacking a Zip file, you can download a "trial" copy for free, lots of places out there to get a copy, although it actually continues to work forever to let you unpack, unzip, files people send you.
Use the Winrar, to get it open, then run the program file you see, it should be an exe file and it will install the drivers in the correct place for you. It's the only way to get it done. Cubase just wouldn't have a clue what to do with a rar file.
Hope that helps.

that what I did.....

Last ever Alesis Win 7 64 bit driver 3.5.3.867

The last driver Alesis posted for the Multi-mix 8 Firewire is version 3.5.3.867 and Alesis said it is the last thing they will ever do for Firewire mixers, and that they have forever washed their hands of the whole mess. But here is the catch, it only works, according to them this is how their tech guys got it to work, , if you have one of the old 32 bit Firewire cards they listed as proven to work and it has the TI chipset and you install it under/in the Win 7 32 bit XP mode area, which by the way is only available if you have the W7 ultimate premium/Pro version, Unfortunately 99% of us got stuck with the bottom line Home premium version and it has no XP mode option, nor can it be added unless you first buy the other top level version of W7 for around $200 or more.
I finally searched out and bought a 64 bit PCI Firewire card, with the latest TI chipset, found several reviews saying it works for Audio, at least with M-Audio products, But what I am bumped up against is this problem, when I run Reaper it sees the mixer, all 10 possible channels, but it also says the mixer is closed. Alesis said we don't know what that is, never seen it before. I told them to call the guys down the hall that actually wrote the code and ask them why they wrote that word in, what does it really mean, and what is the fix, but of course they wouldn't. So if anyone out there knows how to "Open" the mixer please share that info.
My only other options now are to either, A. write my own drivers, if Alesis will give me the needed info [not that I would know how to do that anyway] or B. buy a new mixer, proven to work in W7 64 environment ,or C. seek out and buy an old 32 Bit XP machine with a working TI chipset Firewire port, or find one of the old approved by Alesis Belkin 32 bit PCI cards somewhere, and live with the never having more than 3 gigs of usable RAM limit, you must have a 64 bit system to break that 3 gig RAM limit.
And even if I do all that it's still a big gamble on the mixer working properly or at all or lasting more than a week, there are a lot of posts/reviews out there about these dysfunctional mixers online, even more about the lousy Alesis customer support problems.
Anyone out there know of a non-Alesis mixer out there that will stream multichannel audio in W7 64 bit into Reaper and still let me use the Hard Drive for recording? I haven't found anything out there so far claiming that ability. Unless maybe in the upper extreme price level stuff that are all way way way out of my limited poor person price range.
I'm really starting to miss my old Reel to Reel machines and all the other not digital equipment of yesteryear, no drivers required, the old turn the knob, press the button it just worked stuff.

Follow up from Alesis: "The driver version online is from a 3rd party company. I'm not sure of the details of the 3rd party company but the 2.9 version is not supported by us."

Well... I guess the mysterious "3rd party" was... Alesis!

https://www.alesis.com/multimix8usb20

The official 64 bit drivers for the MultiMix USB 2.0 have been released, and they are version 2.9.13.

I haven't installed this one yet, but the files are the exact same size as the ones posted here...

Go Figure,
Joe

kinda make you wonder. I have had not issues. I did have ONE sone that refused to export...one of the files must be corrupt.

64 bit drivers do work but...

The 64 bit drivers for the Alesis board do work. I have found that sometimes 32 bit recording software will cause the driver to lock up. I am using windows 7 and have found that 64 recording software work great with them. Only problem is that 95% of my VST's are 32 bit so they don't work with 64 bit recording software without some help from other software like JBridge.

Once the digital recording world catches up to the technology of today I am sure that we all will be happy. Until then we will all struggle with problems like this. I am still extremely happy with my Alesis board even though they have dragged their feet supporting their customers with 64 bit drivers for this board.

I'm using windows 7 64bit and the drivers poster here and on the website wont install. should i have my pc setup a certain way? like firewall etc. Thanks for your help

Hi,
I used the 2.9.13 drivers on Windows_7 64 bit as well as on 32 bit. I get crackles in the recording (4 channel mic) like clipping, but far below clipping region (-15 db).
The same with Win XP works fine! Seems to be that there are some issues still.

Back