Multimix 16 USB 2.0

RPK

Hi guys,

I am considering buying a Multimix 16 usb 2.0 to use with my Dell Vostro 1520 laptop. I have a few questions. Does this mixer come with recording software or will I have to purchase it separate? Does anyone out there use one of these units? I will be using it to replace my 8-track mini-disk recorder. Thanks for any help or opinions you may have.

Hi,

I know I was one of the guys in your other thread who suggested trying your finger in computer based multitrack recording, but this might not be the best choice. Alesis' multimix series, both Firewire and USB based are known for a number of driver related issues, most of them leading up to restricted functionality and latency issues.

I have never owned one, but was seriously considering buying one for a very long time. In the end, due to all the negative comments on the net (read harmony-central reviews, or just search on this very forum) I gave up.

If real owners can convince us that this is not the case and the multimix series are reliable, I might join you buying one :-)

Thanks glomu,

I did search it out. Some of the issues were from six months to a year ago. I still am not sure if the one that is out there today has been upgraded. I don't think I will take that chance.

Now I am going to research out the Zoom R24. If you or anyone else has any suggestions please chime in.

Thanks for your help.

I loaded a bunch of ADAT Tapes to computer last year when I got mine - 8 tracks simultaneously with no noise. You get Cubase LE with it which is starter software IMHO. I use Sonar PE instead. No latency issues with mine.....

Yeah, the Alesis Multimix series (particularly USB) are known for driver issues and several others. Me and my friend bought two different ones, and they both are pretty poor mixers. I'd suggest saving up a couple hundred more and purchasing one of these...
Mackie Onyx 1620i Firewire
From what I've heard, the Onyx Mackie series are pretty good. Much better than the Alesis Mulitmix anyway.

Back