multimix 16 noise problem...

monkk

Hey guyz,i've got tha multimix 16 firewire and the last few days when i record something there is a noise recorded with the signal.i have try all the inputs but i have the same problems.i have also notice tha the two leds for the auxb(internal fx)"clip and sig",are always on but the aux knobs are allway down.it's like that a signal pass from the aux b retern and its clipping.any help???

sorry for my rough english!!

Hi
does anybody know this?
Have exactly the same problem!
And the recorded stuff is destorded since the noise wont go away!
any idea?
thx

I think this happened to me too! but its not enough noise to affect my recording - damn - wonder if it was lightning - I will mess with it a bit and see if I come up with anything - unless OP already figured it out? maybe he can post an update?

I cehcked my recordings - they seem ok - the only time I hear the noise is when I have the faders up past 0 - doesn't seem to be creating any noticible noise on the recorded tracks so I think it will be ok - The gain light and effects light are stuck on - haven't tried using effects - those might be fried - I am hoping it doesn't become a problem cause I can't shell out $600 for a new interface right now :eek:

Just found this - haven't tried it yet:

Clip light on Multimix 12 Firewire always on - FixYa

I found a solution for my problem. I have Alesis Multimix FireWire 16. So the same humming and buzzing problem with the peak light always on. I followed a very simple tip from a post on YouTube (Just type in Google "Alesis capacitor repair").

Here's what you do:
1. unscrew the bottom cover panel of the unit (about 10 screws total),
2. detatchthe bottom part of the unit from the top part unplugging about 5 or 6 different cables.
3. unscrew the capacitor/power circuit board, that is attached to the inside surface of the bottom panel (its green and is about 4 by 5 inches. can't miss it - its the only one there)
4. on the board you'll see 3 black cyllindrical filter capacitors. at least one of them will be blown. in my case the 1000mf had its gasket completely bulged out.
5. replace both 1000 and 2000 filter capacitors. if you replace only one - it might not solve the problem.
6.re-assemble the unit.

This should do it. I hope this helps.

I usually destroy circuit boards when I attack them with a soldering iron so i dunno about this :(

Took the board apart and ran it up the street to a TV repair place. The dude soldered a new capacitor on in like 5 minutes. Paid $20 - now it works perfectly. Yippee.

Took the board apart and ran it up the street to a TV repair place. The dude soldered a new capacitor on in like 5 minutes. Paid $20 - now it works perfectly. Yippee.

Same problem I believe. Lots of hum..

I'll try and replace the capacitors and see if that works.

Back