Multimix 16 Firewire (Alesis)

Ego Ideal

Hello! I am writing about a console Multimix 16 Firewire (Alesis) I own. I recently bought a new computer who has Windows 8 installed in it. I was using the console with Windows Vista on a lap top with an Express card Firewire before. Now that I am using the Windows 8 pc, I have installed all the drivers for Windows 7, which I downloaded from the Alesis site and I am using the Cubase program. Even though the control panel of the console recognizes the Cubase program and also recognizes that the console is plugged in there is no sound! Also a sample rate number does not appear on the control panel. I have attached a few images of the control panel so that you can see for yourselves what I am talking about. What do I need to do in order to be able to have sound?
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.png
    2.png
    134.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.png
    3.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 19
On Windows, firewire is VERY picky as to the firewire controller chips.
Standard on-board firewire ports are great for hard drives and cameras, lousy for interfaces.

Look in your control panels System tab and the IEE-1394 device and see what it says.
The gold standard for interfaces is Texas Instruments firewire chipset.
If it says anything else, you may need to get a TI-chip'ed card from SIIG or Belkin.

Alesis Firewire was always a little iffy. Driver issues etc etc. Retire that boat anchor or sell it and buy a modern USB mixer or interface.

Back