Mixer for recording to Adats

wagonburner

I need to buy a new or used mixer to fit my new setup.

Right now I have an SM pro audio 8ch mic pre running into my ADAT then out to my mixer (yes its a behringer but I've had it for three years with zero problems).

I am adding another adat and need a new mixer ,one with 16 mic channels at least, for playback. I have been looking at the Alesis studio32 because of the direct outs. I would no longer need the micpre and that would free up some space in the rack.

If ne1 could give ideas on mixers or another way to setup my home studio i would appreciate it.

Thanks for your time,
wagonburner

You can do better than an Alesis Studio series mixer. A used Mackie 8-bus, Soundtracs Topaz or Soundcraft Spirit would be a better choice.

I 2nd the Topaz suggestion (24/8) and the Mackie also as both offer flexible bussing options!
The Alesis Studio 32, while offering 16 direct outs and returns via RCA (eliminating the need for re-patching), is your average, simple mixer. Not great nor poor just average. Drawbacks are tiny-@ss switches that one cannot tell if it's been depressed or not and mic pre's that have a slighty higher input sensitivity rating than a Behringer. It is equipped with bal and unbal mix-down outs(2-trk) with the bal'd "main-outs" providing at least 6 more db's of gain from the un'bln'cd.

Thanks for the replies. I just bought a new Behr. mX3282 from guitar center for $599.99 I'll get my pre amps in a week or two and just record direct to tape and use the board for mixing.

Thanks again,
WB

Back