Midiverb4 backlit display

I've had a MIDVERB IV since 1/96.There was a year or so where I had the same problem; it would go out for 5 minutes,then on,then off for a few DAYS...A tech looked at it and told me it wouldn't be cost effective to fix it 'cause the display is one piece with the circuitry(just telling you what he told me).Anyway,as time went on the problem became less frequent,and I can happily report that I have had total illumination since the dawn of the 21st century(on the MIDIVERB that is).Hang in there...

Thanks Virtual...

Darkness still looms..all I have is the faint traces of cryptic outlines..I sit and wait patiently to one day be illuminated...

I thought I had read on this forum at one time a while ago (searched for and couldnt find it) that there was a minor adjustment possible

If yours is still under Warranty,you might want to make some noises in Alesis's direction.You never know,they might send you a brand new one or at the least tell you what can be done...Cheers!

Naw...bought it used...cheap

Guess I shouldnt bitch..

It sat in a guys closet for a year or so..I thought of just leaving it on for a couple of days to let it awaken itself from the darkness

Thanks for the help, though

i have an ALESIS S4+ synth module that has an anemic backlit display as well. i can still read it (for now). it's a shame because i LOVE the unit. the display sometimes sorta looks like an "Etch-A-Sketch" with a flashlight behind it. kinda weird but kinda cool. if it "blacks out" COMPLETELY i'll probably get upset and guzzle alot of beer. then i'll get an RA# and send it to Alesis for a slow, high-dollar repair. oh well. cheers.

etch-a-sketch....yeah exactly...

I love my unit too though and am considering
taking it in to a service guy...that is if its not going to cost more than the units worth...just seems strange that a reputable company like Alesis would have crap like this happening to their units....

Back