Midiverb 1

slidey

Hi ppls

This is my 1st post on what appears to be a home recording forum dream come true

I have a pro tools control 24 mix+ setup & I love it BUT I was struggling to get a ??nastier?? reverb sound from all the wonderful 24 bit machines & plugins untill I ressurected the old MV1 & it is awesome, setting 9 is instant clash drum sounds & the gated & reverse verbs are off the hook

I have been living & breathing music since I was old enough to press play on a tape machine (2 years approx) & ever since I have been improving my abilities on drums, bass & guitar, I write a lot on keyboards & I have an almost unhealthy obsession with production & everything to do with it

I've got to go & teach drums now so I'll see y'all later

Slidey
check out my site (I've just started negotiating a new & improved site)
www.qpqproductions.com :eek: :)

The early Midiverb and Midifex had some awesome sound treatments. :)

Beck said:
The early Midiverb and Midifex had some awesome sound treatments. :)

Damn straight, I've just bought an M/verb II (our second one as well as the M/verb I)

I've always liked Alesis stuff. My first one was the MidiFex, which I bought new. I got the Midiverb later even though it actually came out first. I had all of the Midiverbs at one time or another... original, II, III and 4. I still have the MidiFex, MidiVerb II and 4. I also had the original Quadraverb, but now have the Q2. Pretty good stuff. :)

Original Midiverb? ????????????????????

How about the Original Midiverb? I just got one on ebay:)
Alesis Midiverb 1 Stereo Digital Reverb unit

I cant find any info on this reverb unit, anyone out there know what it sounds like?

I'm after 1980's type Cocteau Twins reverb:)

Its called "Midiverb ..and then Alesis) Here's a link:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alesis-Midive...ryZ23790QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Description Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

Alesis Midiverb 1 Stereo Digital Reverb unit
Alesis Midiverb 1
classic original affordable digital reverb.
very rare to find one now.
powers up but buttons dont respond.
needs some TLC
includes psu.
specifications:
The Alesis Midiverb 1 is a simple to use preset stereo digital reverberation effects unit
Inputs: 2 x phono connectors (L + R).
Outputs: 2 x phono connectors (L + R).
Wet/Dry Mix Potentiometer located on the back.
MIDI Input: 1 x 5 pin DIN.
MIDI Thru: 1 x 5 pin DIN.
Buttons: 1 x Effect Defeat button.
1 x Patch Decrement button.
1 x Patch Increment.
1 x MIDI Channel button.
Patches can be selected over MIDI.
There are 63 presets ranging from short, medium and long reverbs, gated reverbs.
Comes with UK Power Supply.
unable to test so sold as seen with no returns.

Yep, that's the first Midiverb like I had about 20 years ago. We didn't call it the Midiverb 1 back then because it was the only one. It has some good presets for that "swimming in reverb" effect.

:)

Long Live the Mididverb

I still use my old trustworthy Alesis Midiverb 11 for live work. I use the same preset for my vocals, number 24 - I use a fairly small amount of this effect on most songs and it can be cranked up for a more spacious sound. My reason for this is because I find most folk just go for the small room, or small hall setting and crank it up, the results I find are that the vocal will sound "tunnely", I much prefer to use a large room or large hall setting,BUT by using(or sending) a small amount of this - I think this produces a classy "spacious" sound WITHOUT clouding the all important lyrics and vocal.

Back