Masterlink settings

GROUNDZERO

To anyone who can help, I have a Masterlink (which I am very happy with) and was wondering a couple of things. First, if I record a song at 96K can I burn a 44.1k red book cd? or does it burn cds at the rate sampled. Or if I record at 44.1, 16 bit can I make a 24 bit copied cd? If I am using the Masterlink as my final destination in terms of recording a final mix, mastering, then burning cd copies, what settings will give me the best results? I've been using 44.1k, 16 bit settings with good results, but I'd like to us the machine at its full potential. Is there a way to record song titles on the cd's? Last question, I'd like to make the loudest "hotest" cd's I can. Where on the VU meter do I need to keep the settings. I'm aiming for -4db, occasionally hitting -2. Is this too much or not enough? Using the compressor, limiter are there any standard settings I could start with, do I use both or one or the other. The manual does'nt seem to cover these topics and any help would be appreciated!

Back