Masterlink problem

Tyler Sherman

Hey, this is my 1st post here. I have a Masterlink that won't let me delete some material from the hard drive no matter what I try. One file says "copy write protected". Any advice appreciated.

Go to the actual audio file (click past the files in the playlist) until you find the files you want to delete.... when you get to them, you'll notice either a little "U" or "P" in the bottom right corner - this is the PROTECTION mode. It is always set to U unless you intentionally toggle it to P....

Seems like someone has toggled it on you... cursor to it with the arrow buttons and toggle it back to U...

Masterlink problem pt. 2

Hey Bear, thanks, that solved the problem in one file. Now I have another file that will not allow me me to go into "playlist edit" in order to delete the file. Everytime I do the display reads "editing not allowed". No matter what I try I can't delete it. Any help appreciated.

You're trying to edit an item in a rendered playlist - that you can't do. OR - you're trying to render playlist parameters to an audio file that is listed in more than one playlist.

I think you may not quite understand the concept of the playlists... they are just "pointers" to actual audio files stored on the hard drive.

When you manipulate the playlist, you're really only changing the "audio pointer" parameters, not the actual audio file itself.

Masterlink problem pt. 2 again

Hmmm...I think I understand that OK, but I can't get to the actual file for this particular playlist. When I try to, by using the "playlist edit" button, the display flashes breifly "editing not allowed" and won't let me do anything else on that playlist...add to it or delete anything from it. This is a completed project which utilized the DSP feature, the only time I ever used that on any project I've done on this machine so maybe that has something to do with it?
Anyway, I appreciate all the advice, Bear. Saves me from trying to decipher the manual.

AS I suspected - you're trying to edit in the Rendered playlist... this isn't allowed... you have to edit in the playlist your audio is referenced in.

When you use DSP and burn a CD, it "renders" the playlist to a special playlist that contains your original playlist with the DSP applied and converted to 44.1KHz/16-bit.... it is a rendered copy of your original playlist ready for burning to CD, so you can't edit it....

Make your changes to the tracks in the orignal playlist you put them in.

Back