Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro or Alesis Studio 12R?

Judd

Hey everyone,

After my last post, I just read some info on the Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro, and I have to say that it looks pretty interesting. I'm trying to decide between it and the Alesis 12R. Any thoughts?

Judd

Thanks for the info, Misterqcue.

I appreciate all of those who responded to my questions about the two mixers (I also posted these questions on the Other Equipment Forum), and while I'm certain that both mixers are quite capable, I did in fact buy the Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro.

I use the Roland VS-1880, and since the preamps are one of the few things which are not that great with the machine, I needed a mixer that could supply these. Also, I did need some headroom for volume in order to obtain a sufficient recording level. I have found both with the Mackie. I am far more pleased with it than with the Behringer 1604A. It may not be top of the line, but I think that it will do the job. While the Alesis 12R has many more inserts (which for some would make it the better choice), I truly didn't have need for that many, and I much prefer to have mute buttons and PFL/Solo buttons for every channel, which the Mackie provides.

Thanks again,
Judd

Back