io26 not playing nice with 2nd HD?

AlexHerd

Hello! I preformed a search, but didn't find any threads to help. Please excuse me if there is one I didn't find. Here's another io26 problem to add to the pile...

I don't know a whole lot about computers, so please be patient with me! I decided to add a second drive to my PC to write audio to. Its a Dell running XP (not sure of the top of my head but I think its 3GHz with 2gigs of ram). The C drive is a PATA drive, so I bought a new 320gig PATA 7200rpm drive that I installed as a slave (both on the same cable). Problem is, when I set this second drive as the write drive in Sonar, it will not write to it. The cursor moves for maybe a second after you hit record and then I get a dropout (without ever writing any audio). As soon as I switch the audio folder back to the C, it writes fine.

Whenever I try to write or read from the new drive, all the level meters on the io26 repeatedly blink and I hear a slight repeating click coming from the speakers. I have no idea why changing the write drive would affect the sound card. I suppose I'll try reinstalling the io26 tonight and see what happens?

If anyone could help point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful! Thanks!

Here is my setup:
Alesis io26 clocked to an Apogee AD1k via SPDIF. The io26 is also receiving two ADA8000s via ADAT ins. Sonar is installed to the C drive along with XP. PC is audio box only, there aren't many programs on it, no internet. etc...

Back