I cannot install the Driver for io14

firewire

I have Vista and the Alesis io14.

When I try to install the Alesis Driver, the computer goes to blue screen, the computer restarts, goes to blue screen...repeats...
I can stop this by unplugging the Alesis Firewire cable.

Here is the stop error blue screen message:

"Check to be sure you have adequate disc space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware manufacturer for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

***STOP: 0x0000007E (more numbers)

***AlesisFireWire.sys - Address (more numbers) "

any suggestions? :confused:

Thanks, in advance!

Any luck?

I have exactly the same problem. Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you but wondered if you found one?

Thanks.

1) If you are running Vista, make sure you have the Vista driver, and not the Win 7 driver. Bear in mind, the newest drivers for this unit are from 2009. Once you get valid drivers installed and can actually boot the system, you'll need to check the firmware and make sure it's up to spec (v1.6).
2) Make sure your firewire card is TI.
3) The guy you're talking to made one post 3 1/2 years ago and I doubt he's going to answer your question. lol
Anyway, I doubt Alesis will have much support for this, but the Alesis community might provide some insightful answers, and a free e-mail tech question wouldn't hurt.

Sorry, my advice is probably not great, but at least I'll give it a shot.:)

Hmmm,

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, and I've just sent a message to the Alesis tech team so fingers crossed. And yes, I realise this post is ancient but thought it'd be worth a shot!

Just to elaborate, in case you or any one else has any other ideas:

I am running Windows Vista 32 bit with a TI Firewire Expresscard and wish to use my Alesis io14. So far, my laptop doesn't seem to recognise the interface at all. I would install the 'XP and Vista' driver from the Alesis website then plug in the interface when instructed. The io14 then won't start up (no lights etc.) and Windows doesn't react in anyway, no sign of it anywhere. If I then try and plug in the power supply to the io14, Windows simply crashes.

The express card appears to be fully functional. The io14 does start up on power supply alone (no firewire connection) and when I plug in a guitar it appears to pick up signal with no problems. I would be very surprised if the firewire cable was faulty.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

From what you've just said, I'd shoot for your longshot. If you're not getting power through the FW bus on your bus power interface, swap the cable and then see if you can get/beg/borrow/steal another firewire device to see if it gets power from the card. One or the other might be the problem since the iO works (have you tried plugging in headphones?).

If you were running 7 I'd suggest disabling all other sound devices, but shouldn't be a problem with Vista/XP. Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Maybe it's time to buy a new laptop and a USB interface. Firewire is so out of date and so is Vista. Way more options and cheap nowadays.

Agreed.

Maybe it's time to buy a new laptop and a USB interface. Firewire is so out of date and so is Vista. Way more options and cheap nowadays.

Absolutely. I just don't have much disposable cash at the moment so am trying to make do with what I have. I'll borrow a friends firewire cable, try with that, then if no luck probably upgrade everything.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Back