horrible noise

csp2013

I transferred some tracks from ableton live8 to my hd24, and they come back as a horrible noise, and not on the tracks I intended Please Help

For what essentially is a new stand alone new post- you should maybe include a whole bunch more info. As if not everyone that might be able to help, is going to know or supposed to remember' what you have, what you've done or tried etc, ya know? ;)

Um you could even copy and paste' useful info and stuff for example

Here is the problem, I am not computer savvy really, at all. Pasting uploading pics all that stuff, huge learning process, however I am getting a little better. I downloaded HD24tools, made wav files in ableton live 8. took an IDE drive for my HD24, hooked it to the dvd drive connectors in my desktop followed the prompts in HD24tools, Everything seems to go as planned. When I put the drive in the HD24, the meters pretty much peg, the sound is, well,kind of screechy,hissy,horrible,like digital feedback, or clipping, and the wav files did not end up where they were supposed to on the HD24. I have been using the HD24s like two 24 track tape machines, so the computer stuff is all new to me. Any help with this would bne just awesome, Thanks

checking on the sample rate, done somewhere else by someone else, alesis says it wants wav files, could a crappy thumb drive cause this? thank you for responding, I didn't think anyone cared. I really need to solve this problem, as this entire project, all of the work tracks have been recorded in ableton live 8, and I have to make this transfer a lot. Thanks again in advance for any help .:(

Yep, check file format, sample rate and word length (bit depth). I'm betting it's a word length mismatch, trying to put 24 bit files in a 16 bit project.

Back