HELP with loouuud mixes

RobbieD

Hey so I been recording for like 3 months aaand I just want some experienced people to tell me what they think of my gear and what I could use to make it better. alright so I have an Imac with Cubase studio 5, I only use one keyboard for pretty much all the sounds, drums, guitar, piano... i have the left and right out of the keyboard(Roland juno di) going into 2 channels of my sound card (motu 8pre) and for vocals i use a akg perception 420 with a presonus tubepre going into channel 3 of the sound card ( and it also uses firewire). For monitering I have 2 KRK rokit 5s and ATH-M20 audio technica headphones.. so a comment on this gear and would be helpful, and also can some please tell me how I get my recordinging more professional and LOUD sounding, ive been debating on whether I should buy a new preamp and mic and jsut spend like 3000 bam right away... what do I need, maybe an external compressor? I use the compressor that came with cubase (I kinda get how it works) anyways pleaaaaase help

Go to the Mastering Thread and look for hints on mastering. That's what usually makes it loud.

Back