Help! Alesis multimix 4 USB & Logic problem

shreddman

Hi,

I'm using an alesis multimix 4 usb & Logic on a mac, trying to record guitar. I can't manage to get logic to take control of the mixer. The guitar input comes straight out of my monitors and bypasses logic.

Im trying to use guitar rig on the guitar signal, which works, but the clean signal is louder than the signal from guitar rig. How do i stop the input playing straight back through the mixer? iv tried input monitoring and all that. i don't want to have to buy another interface to input guitar. Is there any way so when i turn the track volume down in logic, it turns the signal down comin through my speakers?

Thank you.

I can't manage to get logic to take control of the mixer.

Is there any way so when i turn the track volume down in logic, it turns the signal down comin through my speakers?

Not sure what you mean about Logic "taking control" of the mixer. The mixer is just an input device, it's levels are not controlled by Logic.

You may be able to set the mixer as the output device in Logic, which should allow you to monitor playback levels.

If you are trying to process the signal in Logic and here the processed signal you can probably mute the input channel on the mixer and have it only playback the Logic output.

Back