HD24 users

Mysterytrain

Hi all,
I have been urging HD24 and HD24XR users to email Alesis and express their displeasure with the fact that the company has not followed through with a BRC II, The Director, for the machine. I know that if we all apply some pressure they will understand how important the remote is in the studio. Please speak up and let your voice be heard before they turn this company into an electronic toy outlet! You can send the emails to support@alesis.com and ask to have them forwarded to Mark Fredric and Jay Schlabs. I have enclosed a copy of the letter that I have sent..

Alesis,
First off I want to tell you how much I like my HD24XR. Unfortunately, that is not what has prompted me to write. I'm very disappointed with the 'NO SHOW' of the Director at NAMM this month. We are going on three years with the HD24 system and it is still incomplete. This might not be an issue for engineers recording live gigs but it is a huge problem for studio engineers. I can't begin to tell you what a pain it is to have to reach across a console to operate the recorder. It makes me wonder if anyone at Alesis has ever worked in a studio production environment. My only complaint with the machine (other then the noisey fan) is that the control surface is small and crowded. It is for this reason that I continue to use my BRC. The trouble with the BRC is that it doesn't begin to address the functions that are provided on the HD24's control panel and provides its own set of issues with compatibility. Your loyal product supporters have waited patiently throughout the re-organization process for a full featured remote but the fear now is that Alesis has lost its way. We continue to see the deployment of audio toys that have little to do with professional recording. I continue to see the HD24 advertised in 'MIX', a professional audio magazine, but the message is unclear with the lack of support of serious recording products. The Masterlink (which I also own and love) has found its way in the pro -arena. It has its critics but for the most part has become an industry standard because it is a complete system! The HD24 hasn't been as welcomed in pro-circles and the fault, that I see, is that the product or system is still incomplete. Your loyal ADAT users bought into the new HD system and helped you get this product off the ground on the promise that the 'Director' would arrive shortly. It appears that Alesis has let us down and this distrust will color the next decision that we make regarding Alesis products. On a personal level I'm struggling with the decision of whether to sell my HD24XR [at a huge loss thanks to the latest price cuts] and move to a more complete recording system or to hang in there and wait. Frankly, I'm tried of waiting. The word on the street is that this the beginning of the end for the Alesis that we once knew and supported. Launch the 'Director' and prove them wrong!!
Please send of an email today our collective voices will make a difference!
Peace, Ron
www.mysterytrain.org

Back