HD24 Recording Problem

JRCnorth

I am trying to record a new track to an existing song as the bass line was messed up. I cannot find any way to do this. What am I missing? Could someone please walk me through it? I have copy and pasted my original 8 track song into a new 24 track song and want to kill track 5 and record on track 9. How do I do this? I have tried what I think is right but I think getting walked through it by someone else would be more helpful at this point rather than trying to describe everything i've tried on the hd24 and desk. Thanks in advance.

Yikes. I never edited on them, just dumped into the DAW for mix. I take it your playing back / mixing on a desk or you wouldn't be having to deal with it this way.

When you create a session, you select 8 tracks or 16 or 24 tracks. If you selected 8 tracks, then that's all you have.

The choice is to either record on an unused track - which is what I'd do. So if the bass is on track 5, then the sensible thing with the 8 track blocks is to record the new bass to channel 13, then you have both, new and old. It's a case of feeding it to the right input, and selecting just that track for record, then going for it!

Back