dump my keyboard

dragonworks

Banned
I was told in another forum here at the site
that I should dump my QS8 and get a real keyboard with real sounds. I am a guitar player and bought the QS8 because I thought it was the best buy for the money. Anyone else own one and what do you think of it?

Question: all other opinions aside--what do YOU think of keyboard. If you are satisfied with it, who cares what others think.

As far as dumping it, you can send it to me!!! I have a 12 year old Roland D-5 which I got for a steal. But as I learn more about keyboards and sequencing I now feel I was robbed. But hey, it still creates some cool sounds so I still use it. But I'll pay shipping and handling if you decide to "dump" your Alesis. So eveybody, give him some bad revues, I need a new keyboard.

Peace, Jim

[This message has been edited by Jim Marquard (edited 06-28-2000).]

Send it to me! Due to the high levels of
radiation inside your QS8,you would be wise to forward your keyboard to me so I can dispose of it properly and also to contain
contamination. I'll do all of this free of
charge!

My brother has a QS8 and we love it. I have a Kurzwiel K2500 and we still like the QS8 better. Jim's right on the money ... if you like it ... keep it no matter what any yahoo says about it. If you really don't like it, I wouldn't mind having it. Then my bro could stop packing his up every time we jam.
The fact that you got 3 guys to quickly line up to take it off your hands should probably tell you something. :)

I cant afford another keyboard so I am keeping it and it satisfies me just fine but
being a guitar player I really dont know any
better. It is the best keyboard I have owned
and I have owned a few, farfisa, crumar, akai, roland, korg, all older models, some midi and some not. Ignorance is bliss.

I've got the 1st keyboard Alesis ever made,the QS4.Except for 2 switches that are kind of sticky(it's 6 years old)it still sounds great to me.I use the sounds it has a lot in recording.One thing that Alesis did was to have samples taken at 48k,which I guess was a high rate at the time,and I think it helps,especially with sounds that have a lot of highs like cymbals etc.I think they make good keyboards,at least for my needs.

I am a keyboard player and have several synths, one of which is the QS8. The important question is... do you like it? (as has been asked by Jim). The QS series are kind of meat-and-potatos basic synths and that is why some people may not like them. Also, into todays world of expansion boards and sample memory in your synth, they are not as expandable as some others. However, I like the sounds that I get, the learning curve is pretty short, the keys feel good and the price is right for the QS. Sure, some $3000 synth has more options. If you like it, keep it, I'm keeping mine!

Back