DM5, Trigger io, Superior Drummer 2, midi not been recieved???

raven46

I got another computer. I was using a dual core and now a quad core 2 system. I loaded my software etc but am having trouble with my Alesis DM5 kit and SD 2. The kit is connected to the trigger io and midi sent via usb to computer

In SD solo when I click on a drum I can hear them but when I hit a pad on the DM5 I cant hear any sounds and I cant see the drum light up on SD solo as it does when I click on a drum.
I can see the trigger ioDM5 in the midi menu as "usb audio device" in SD solo and I have it selected as midi device, when I strike a pad on the DM5 I can see the light come on the trigger io to indicate it has recieved a midi msg.

The midi note is getting lost somewhere. I have gone thru the manuals, I have tried using different usb ports

In 2 yrs I never had this problem with this set up with my other computer and I moved a few times with that computer, each time just having to plug back in the trigger io's usb cabel and it would work fine.

Any advice?

TIA

Edit : I should mention that I can play the drums in SD solo with my keyboard via midi to interface, so as far as I can tell SD is recieving midi

Last edited:
Back