DM-Pro Midi Issue - Absolutely stumped!

ebitda

My issue is that I cannot get my drum machine to transmit MIDI to Cubase. Routing is as follows: Korg Triton MIDI out to Alesis DM-Pro Midi in. DM-Pro connected via it's Midi out to MIDI in of the MIDI interface (Emagic), this in turn is routed to computer via USB. Also, main L/R audio outputs of DM-Pro connected to MOTU 828.

If I hit a key on the Triton the drums are triggered and I can hear this & record ok via Cubase (audio track).

The DM-Pro however does not seem to be transmitting MIDI though at the same time since the MIDI 'in' light on the MIDI interface does not light and the MIDI track I've set up in cubase does not record any Midi events.
Surely you must be able to record Midi data from the DM-Pro whilst listening to the corresponding audio output. The DM-Pro manual discusses the transmission on MIDI when the DM-Pro is triggered via pads but I'm not using pads just the Triton as a controller keyboard.

I've done all the obvious things (checked leads, using channel 10 for Triton, DM-Pro, Cubase). No problem doing things the other way ie. triggering the DM-Pro from a previously set-up Midi track in Cubase.

I'd really appreciate some help here!

Rgds

Carl

Suggestion ---

I suggest you plug the controller (in this case the Triton) straight into the midi interface. Then take the out of the midi interface and plug it first into the Triton (with the 'local on/off' set to 'off') then out of the thru of the Triton into the DM-PRO.

That should solve the problem. If you still have trouble feel free to post again.

Back