Anyone still use or remember ADAT EDit? Mac

ugmold

Adat-Connect/Edit
Mac G4 733

Hi folks,
New to the forum. I searched a bit but didn't find my answer.

I have an Adat/Connect, Edit setup from years ago that worked fine. The PCR card was in my B&W Mac G3. My Adat is an XT.

Years went by and I decided to hitch it up again so I could get the tracks into my computer.

I acquired a G4 733 and decided to put the card in it instead of the G3. I downloaded "Connect" and "Edit" from Alesis and installed.

The connections to the card are a bit confusing. Does it matter which light pipe goes in which connector? The 9 pin connector (vga looking plug) also has 2 choices, not sure which one to sue either.

When I try to run "Connect" it sees the card but "sort of" sees the deck. I can change clock speeds, but the transport will not work at all. I think I have tried every plug combo, tried starting the adat up first, last, during.

I have install the software as per instructed.

Anybody remember? Or still use?

Thanks very much,

-ugmold

Old thread, but...I have one of those cards, but I use a PC and couldn't get it to work on a newer system. I'm not sure why you would need the card unless you want to transfer to the computer. Everyone tells me that the quality isn't high compared to todays standards. I guess it would be cool to use the transport with the computer. I don't think it matters which input is used, but if you still need the info, I have my owners manual that I could check for you.

Back