Alesis XD Digtal Inline Mixing Console

maestro_dmc

Uses Paramedic EQ
Alesis XD Digital Inline Mixing Console

:o Anyone have a link or any experience with this board?

I cannot find a single dribble of information on this thing anywhere, and I've been googling for 20 minutes.

My gut tells me it was a pre chapter 11 debacle that never quite made it off the ground. Nevertheless, a client has dropped one off to me for repair.

I'll call Alesis tommorrow, but I thought I'd see if I could get any bites here.

Anyone?

Last edited:
I can't believe nobody's even HEARD of this thing (then again, I hadn't).

Somebody that goes way back with Alesis must remember something?

Thanks, I appreciate your efforts.

But, that's not it, not even close. :o

As I said I've already googled extensively and couldn't find anything (I found that manual for the X2, too)

Here's some pictures to prove it's real, and not a figment:

Attachments

• Alesis XD Mixer Angle2.JPG
    Alesis XD Mixer Angle2.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Alesis XD Mixer Front.JPG
    Alesis XD Mixer Front.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Alesis XD Mixer Logo.JPG
    Alesis XD Mixer Logo.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 50
I have called Alesis.

They are emailing me a schematic or something.

This board is "pre-Numark" so they don't really support it.

At least in the future if somebody does a search, hopefully they'll find this thread if nothing else.

I'll keep updating for that reason, and hopefully someone can be helped in the future.

I'll post whatever Alesis sends me, too.

This board never mad it out of Beta. My recollection is that there are a few Midi-Verb 4 effects processors in it. I don't think there could have been more then about 4 that were ever put together. I'm sure all documentation went into the garbage when Alesis went belly-up, but the project had been dumped long before that. I saw one a couple of times and was really impressed with it. I think it was decided that they would not be able to sell enough to make it a profitable product.

This board never made it out of Beta. My recollection is that there are a few Midi-Verb 4 effects processors in it. I don't think there could have been more then about 4 that were ever put together. I'm sure all documentation went into the garbage when Alesis went belly-up, but the project had been dumped long before that. I saw one a couple of times and was really impressed with it. I think it was decided that they would not be able to sell enough to make it a profitable product.

It's great to find someone who knows a little something about this mixer. How do you have this knowledge might I ask? Not doubting, just very curious.

And thanks for the info. You are confirming what I am gradually finding out, bit by bit. I have someone working on re-building the power supply. It turns out it had a blown capacitor.

You wouldn't happen to know anything about the power supply in that unit? If the same PS is used in other products we might be able to figure out the part # for that cap.

You wouldn't happen to know "Rosen" would you? :rolleyes:

The blown cap as you can see is pretty hard to get a number off of.

Attachments

• Dead Cap.JPG
    Dead Cap.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 42
  • MOSFETs-Cap.JPG
    MOSFETs-Cap.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 39
  • PS full view.JPG
    PS full view.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 39
I have called Alesis.

They are emailing me a schematic or something.

This board is "pre-Numark" so they don't really support it.

I'll post whatever Alesis sends me, too.

Right, Alesis was going to send me a schematic for an X2. At least the girl in the parts dept at Alesis realized it wasn't what I was looking for. But I wish she would have emailed a note to that effect instead of me calling to ask where my schematic was and being told it didn't exist.

So I'll keep on posting info here as I get it.

It's great to find someone who knows a little something about this mixer. How do you have this knowledge might I ask? Not doubting, just very curious.

And thanks for the info. You are confirming what I am gradually finding out, bit by bit. I have someone working on re-building the power supply. It turns out it had a blown capacitor.

You wouldn't happen to know anything about the power supply in that unit? If the same PS is used in other products we might be able to figure out the part # for that cap.

You wouldn't happen to know "Rosen" would you? :rolleyes:

The blown cap as you can see is pretty hard to get a number off of.
I worked in Tech Support at Alesis for 11 years. I saw this board in the engineering department a bunch of times. A buddy of mine snagged one whenever Alesis had an inhouse firesale just before going bankrupt, I suspect you may now have that same one.

So . . .
Three years or so after my original post, and I have been PM’d twice in the last few weeks with questions about it.

It appears there is one for sale on Ebay right now, and interested parties have been directed here by Google, as I believe this thread is the only source of information on this Mixer on the entire Web. (Please, someone correct me if I’m wrong! And post your results here, too!)

So, if you are one of these “Googlers”, and are interested in this mixer now or in the future, I officially recommend against it. Being that this mixer was never more than a prototype, there is no documentation to speak of, and no one to contact for help. Alesis has nothing on it.

Update to my Original Post: The Mixer from my original post went back to the customer that gave it to me, un-repaired. Sad story: the fellow that was working on it for me’s wife got sick with cancer and died. Then, HE died two weeks later from cancer. It seems he was so wrapped up in his wife’s illness, he didn’t notice his own declining health. The owner of the mixer had to contact this guy’s family to try and pick up the mixer, and all of the parts the repair guy had taken out to try and replace.

Again, if anyone has more info, please feel free to add it to this thread in hopes that it will help someone in the future.

-maestro_dmc.

Another update:
I've spoken to the owner of this mixer that originally gave it to me for repair. It turns out he got the mixer back, way back when, and it is working!

It seems he also obtained a sidecar or separate module or something that went with it that had the same power supply as the board itself. So he swapped the PS out himself, and has been using the mixer ever since in his home studio.

-Maestro_DMC

Back