Alesis SR18 beats

C4th

Hi,
I cant seem to figure this out but have been told you can do it.
How can i change individual preset user patterns from 4 beats or 8 beats or 16 beats long etc?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Is that a dig at my personal hygiene? I will have you know that I showered...last...Wednesday...or something...

Edit - BTW, if you look at pages 32 and 33, you should get what you need. You're welcome. ;)

Is that a dig at my personal hygiene? I will have you know that I showered...last...Wednesday...or something...

Edit - BTW, if you look at pages 32 and 33, you should get what you need. You're welcome. ;)

No that was not a "dig". Thanks for your reply, but no its not on those pages you said.

I thought you were looking for pattern length.(?)

I guess that section is about setting up to record a new pattern. Are you trying to change one that's already recorded? It should be the same procedure unless it's actually impossible. That would be kinda lame. You might be able to get around it using the Append command. Else you'd need to record the pattern into some other sequencer (slave-synced to the SR), make a new pattern the length you want, and then record it back in.

Seems kinda goofy.

EDIT- Yeah, no. Googling a bit more for you ( ;) ) I find other folks saying that, while maybe not explicitly stated, you can change those record settings even after it's been saved. If that's not what you're looking for then...

BTW - the "dig" thing was a joke. I did shower yesterday, though.

Thanks for your help. Shower thing was a joke too Iv found the answer now, here it is for any one else who may come across this.

You can change this by hitting the [User/Preset] button.
Once in User Mode, you can hit the [Record Setup] button.
Use the [^Page] + [vPage] buttons to scroll through this menu.
The menu goes from top to bottom as follows,
Pattern Name
Offset
Pattern Length (01 - 32 In bars)
Note Value
Beat (01 - 24)
Velocity
Click Vol
Click Timing
Swing
Gate
Quantize Timing