Alesis SR16, need help!

John F

I have just bought an SR16 and linked it up to my sequencer (Logic 5 on an elderly G4!). It's all connected and set up correctly according to the manual, and I have created one user kit so far that I like the sound of.

When I send program changes from Logic the drum kits change as expected, but only when I tap the pads. When I play back a pattern from the sequencer I can only get a default kit, regardless of the program change. I have sat for hours disconsolately poking at the buttons in the hope that something will happen but so far nothing has.

Have I bought a faulty one, or is there something I have missed? Can somebody help?!

Thanks for the response! I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the unit but I'm having difficulty getting my head round the multi-drumset function (As a full-time dad, I haven't had a lot of time to devote to music making over the last 2 1/2 years and my mind is rather rusty!). I thought it would be as simple as choosing a program/drumkit and hearing that drumkit. But perhaps it's not. I'll have another go tonight if I get a chance.

Nope, can't make sense of it. It doesn't matter what I do. I can only hear one drum kit across one octave, repeated over every octave and it's not the one I want!

Back