Alesis Sr-16 drum machine Fill Issues

xxsicksoulxx

hello, i'm having issues with the Alesis SR-16 Drum Machine (if anyone knows anything about it) my problem is with fills, whenever i have a user fill between pattern A and pattern B in song and compose mode the fill plays through and when it transfers to the B pattern parts of the B pattern are skipped but when i use a preset fill it works fine and the entirety of A/Fill A/B play out without skipping a beat. if there's anybody who knows about this machine i'd appreciate any help, thank you.

When in doubt....read the manual:

Fills cannot start on the downbeat since a Fill, by definition, starts at some point into the Main Pattern. However, anything you record on the Fill downbeat will play on the first downbeat following the Fill (i.e., the downbeat of the next Pattern). To show why this is a useful feature, consider that when coming out of a fill, you'll often want to hit something like a cymbal crash on the downbeat of the next Pattern yet not have that crash repeat every time the Pattern plays. This way of handling Fills lets the downbeat cymbal crash be part of the Fill instead of the Pattern.

If you leave the fill's downbeat empty, it's going to insert an empty beat into the downbeat of the pattern that follows the fill.

Back