Alesis QS Expansion Cards

bsr2002

Denny Crane
Does anyone have or use these cards? I would like to get one or two if they are worth the money. I have asked at my local music stores if they carry them and none of them do. I would like to listen to a sample of what they can produce before I shell out any bucks for these. I have a QS6.

Thanks in advance,
Ben

http://hire_on_the_fly.tripod.com

I have some which I use in the QS8. The rock card is funny.... there are actually some programming errors on it (I understand there are some errors on the World card also, which is why these two cards were pulled so quickly).... however most of the cards are okay.

I leave the Orchestra and Synth cards in my keyboard and they do a nice job of expanding it. I got the keyboard and latin card for Christmas a few years ago. I might use them if I ever went on a job, but when I play out, it is an accoustic piano, so I have no need of those cards. The sounds on latin and keyboards cards are okay though. Generally, I would say the sounds on the cards are of comparable quality to the ones in the QS series. A bit dated by now, but they (I think) do a nice job of fattening up a mix.

Just don't waste your money on the Jazz Piano card.

They only burned 1/4 of the available spots. It's ROM so those blank slots are completely useless.

:mad:

Carl

Back