Alesis Multimix Firewire 12 and 16 Class Action ??!!

mrsubliminal

I found this forum searching for "Alesis Class Action," which confirms my suspicion that there are enough people who had ill experiences with the Multimix Firewire series (especially the now discontinued Multimix 12 and Multimix 16 FW units) to warrant serious consideration of a class action suit.

So, feel free to vent about your issues with these feculent abominations (double doodie)..... If there are enough of us who feel cheated that are willing to sign a petition, a class action-oriented trial lawyer will probably salivate over the opportunity to initiate a suit.

I'm in with a multimix 8

I bought a multimix 8 a year ago, after saving up for almost two years to buy one, along with a new faster computer two months later because mine was just too slow.
which unfortunately was a 64 bit with Vista, and nothing would work, at Alesis suggestion I waited months more to get Win 7 and it was far worse, then they called me stupid for doing the upgrade, even though it was at their suggestion, and as you know instead of writing working drivers they pulled all of them, the whole multimix firewire line off the market.
The last time I wrote to complain, for like the 10th time, back in February, they sent me some new beta version driver that Win 7 refused to even let it install, it instantly gave me a dangerous software warning box, something I have never seen before or since, and there is no work around I could find and I tried everything they suggested and then some for weeks. And then they just stopped answering my emails.
So I'm out tons of money and haven't been able to record a note or anything.
Alesis has shown their true colors, screw the customer. Which I think is about as stupid as a company can get. It pretty much says IF you have a new computer our stuff won't work and we could care less. You would think someone selling things designed to work with a computer would want to be on top of it, to keep getting new customers, maybe they can't hire, or find any competent programmers. None of it makes any sense to me.
I even asked if I could get a refund, they pretty much said no way ever. They have also been telling me since last September it could take another year for them to write a newer driver that works in W7, or that it may be never, by December they began pulling the whole series off the market starting with the 8. I took another look at their web site last night and the whole line has been moved into the legacy [things we no longer make] products section, so what does that say about their future intentions?
It's gonna take a serious class action suit to even get their attention.
Whoever is running that company must be brain dead to take this screw the customer position.
So I'm in; if you find one being started let me know, or if you find a place they are trying to sign people up who are interested in suing the pants off them.
:mad: :spank: :(
I found this forum searching for "Alesis Class Action," which confirms my suspicion that there are enough people who had ill experiences with the Multimix Firewire series (especially the now discontinued Multimix 12 and Multimix 16 FW units) to warrant serious consideration of a class action suit.

So, feel free to vent about your issues with these feculent abominations (double doodie)..... If there are enough of us who feel cheated that are willing to sign a petition, a class action-oriented trial lawyer will probably salivate over the opportunity to initiate a suit.

:laughings:

I may be interested.

The firewire portion of my MultiMix 12 just stopped working last night. Its not even 3 years old.

Alesis Multimix 12 problems

I have owned an Alesis Multimix 12 for about 4 years now and have had continual problems with it dropping one or both channels in the output. This happens both when using it as a straight PA mixer and when using it to playback music from my computer through my PA. I am not very happy with it but cannot afford to replace it right now. I also have an Alesis IO-2 interface that stopped working within a year of buying it. I definately wil never purchase another product from Alesis. As soon as I can afford it this mixer is going in the trash where it belongs.

Back