Alesis Multimix 16 Firewire problems

Punkratta

Hi guys!
I've just bought me a new Alesis Multimix 16 Firewire. And iv'e tried to get this to work with my computer for a week now and getting pretty bored of trouble shooting. This is my configuration:

windows 7 32-bit
Alesis Multimix 16 firewire
Belking F5U623 Firewire card

I've got all the newest drivers for the mixer and firewire card.

The Alesis Multimix is listed in the device manager as proporly working And i've disabled the soundcard on the mother board. (See picture below)

But windows can't use it to playback sounds. (see picture below)

When I open the program that came with the drivers for the multimix I've got some other messages, (see picture below) And there are no sample rate to choose from.

And in the sound proporties for the multimix the jack information sas that no jack information is avalable. (yet again see below)

Does anyone know whats wrong or what to do, I would realy like to start recording again.

Hey Pukratta,

I've got exactly the same problem, also bought an Alesis MultiMix16 Firewire and using Windows 7 (64bit, however).

But, and that's the cool thing, I've found the solution! ;)

Your MultiMix probably still runs on firmware version 1.4, however, version 2.0 is required for use with the newest Windows 7 drivers. Don't ask me why Alesis is shipping its gear with more than two years old firmware, the 2.0 update is online on their website since March 2008... Anyways, upgrading to 2.0 solved my problem with the Multimix, I can now use it as proposed.

The only thing that you'll have to do is getting an older computer with Windows XP and a firewire port on it, because this ancient firmware upgrade tool by Alesis is not running under 7. After having upgraded your MultiMix's firmware to 2.0, you should be able to use it on your Windows 7 machine with the newest driver.

I hope, this information is helpful enough to get your MultiMix working!

Greetz, jo-m

Hi Jo-m, were you using 16 channel firewire and did you get all those channels working. My mixer is only coming through as 8 channels.
Cheers,
Graham

I doubt you are gonna hear back from jom, grahamd. He only posted once, and that was in 2010.

Sure someone will come around to help you tho. :D

Bumping.

I just got the Multimix 16 firewire, got the drivers from alesis, but I'd like to find the firmware since it doesn't work, but where??

Back