Are Alesis Monitor Ones Crap

Vision_1

I've considered purchasing the Alesis Monitor Ones, but I noticed that on all the bid sites everyone is selling their Monitor Ones. Are the Monitor Ones garbage, or is this pure coincidence? I would appreciate your input on this matter.

I think I'm gonna just play it safe and get the Mackie HR824. I hate to kick out the loot, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks

Vision: The ability to see the invisible

Oh Colleague of great VISION-1:

I have a pair of Alesis I monitors in my studio and they are just average, nothing spectacular; however, I also have a pair of Infinity Towers hooked up to my rig too; so, I get a pretty good playback if I mix the stuff right.

If the I's fit your budget, they will be all right but there are much better monitors out there if you care to open your wallet.

Green Hornet

I have a pair that have been sitting in the garage for months now. I got them in trade for studio time. Thought that they might be usefull at some point. Haven't found a use for them compared to my Event 20/20's. Maybe I will hook up surround in the house one day and use them for that... :D

Bacially, they are not too bad of monitors. The low mids are a little flabby. I don't really hear as much high end detail on them as my Event's. But, if they were all I had, I would learn their colored sound... :)

Ed

Hay Ed,
(just one quick, annoying question)
You have the 2020p's, don't you. How do you think they compare to the 2020bass? better or worse. I have the 2020bass and so far have few complaints, despite some of the bad comments around.

I used them a few times. They mostly sound the same that my passive ones. But I did notice that they sort of had a "harder" sound. Hard to explain. They sounded more like Genelec's, which are nice sounding monitors, but not my taste. Just could be that I am so used to my Events though. Once you get used to something, it is hard to hear anything else whether it be better or worse... :)

Ed

sonusman, would you recomend getting the passive 20/20's or the active. Are there any drawbacks to getting active speakers? thanks

Can you recommend a moderatly priced, but good, power amp to use with the 20/20p's.

Thanks

I just read that you use a Halfler P-3000. Is this what you use at echo star? Or for personal use? Or both?
Thanks

[This message has been edited by Vice1 (edited 04-26-2000).]

Back