Alesis M1 Active 520 problems...

Dizzeespellz

I'm completely new here so firstly i'd just like to say I'm a complete audio noob and only purchased these speakers after testing them out in a near by store.

I've been searching the internet attempting to find a forum to retrieve some info on what to do with my Powered speakers. Ever since I purchased them one of the 2 speakers has been making a horrible sound whilst I fiddle with any of the knobs, It also decides to make this noise after about 10 minutes of use.

If there is a simple cheap fix I am open to any suggestions but i'm not willing to spend a massive amount fixing the faulty speaker. The warranty has now expired so there is no hope in returning the speaker.

Also if it do decide to just sell the pair would it be best selling them separately or together and what kind of price should I expect to sell for. I would be listing them on ebay most probably.

I do have a video of the problem up on youtube but I can only share the link to it because I don't meet the requirements of 10 posts. Sorry for the low quality but it's the best I can do rite now.

youtube.com/watch?v=0n51JDAGe8U&context=C4af4e39ADvjVQa1PpcFNYfV65xCj0TBvT6bIYCkd75bTwCRlx01o=

Thanks in advance for any replies. :)

Last edited:
search around on the web, and you'll find that all of the alesis powered monitors suffer from an issue with one of the capacitors on the power supply board melting. this just happened to one of my 620's...though it's shameful alesis hasn't fixed this obvious design flaw, it's a cheap and easy fix - usually only requiring changing one component that can be found for $1 max.

Helow Ironklad Audio, how do you take the board from the 620 box? I unscrew everything but nothing moves, only the subwoofer speaker.

Back